Invisalign braces Anniston oxford
1) Always wear your clear retainer for the prescribed amount of time each day. Full time for the first 2 months after finishing treatment and then, 12 hours per night. Following the Orthodontist’s recommendation for consistent wear will help ensure that the teeth do not move or become crowded again.
2) The clear retainer fits around all the surfaces of the teeth to ensure a tight fit. It also covers the biting surface of the teeth which means if your clench or grind your teeth it may wear faster than normal. If the retainer becomes cracked or very worn down please come to our office so we can inspect the retainer.
3) Remove your retainer when you eat but always make sure your mouth is clean before replacing your retainer. You can drink water with your retainers in your mouth but do not drink soda or other beverages as this can damage your teeth.
4) When the retainer is not in your mouth, always store it in its plastic case. Clear retainers placed on napkins often get thrown away and retainers left out become chew toys for dogs! The best for place for your retainer is in your mouth!
5) Clear retainers are sensitive to extreme temperatures. Do not leave your retainers in the hot car as they can melt or become distorted. Do not place boiling water on your clear retainer in an attempt to disinfect it.
6) Clean your retainer with a toothbrush at the same time you brush your teeth. Keeping the retainers clean will help them fit and look their best. Do not use toothpaste to clean your retainer! Using a mild soap is best to keep the retainer clean without damaging the material. In addition to vinegar and water, can help clean the bacteria from a retainer.
Dr. André Ferreira
1677 Golden Springs Road
Anniston, AL 36207
Phone: (256) 831-7515
MO 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
TU 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
WE 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
TH 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
FR Comfort Care